Transcorp Credit Union
Co-Operative Society Ltd
The incumbent is required to efficiently and effectively oversee the operations, administration, and manage the financial investment portfolio of the organisation.
The duties and responsibilities of the General Manager will include but not limited to:
- Oversight, implementation, and management of the strategic objectives and deliverables of the Society.
- Management of the general financial portfolio of the Society inclusive of the preparation of annual budgets, monthly management accounts, and draft audited financial statements.
- Evaluation, monitoring, and management of the investment portfolio and advise the Board of Directors on investment options.
- Preparation of all Board of Director’s report for reporting to the Society’s membership.
- To assist in the formation, execution, and implementation of a Strategic Plan.
- Ensure compliance with statutory obligations, regulations, and policies, that is, the Financial Institutions Act, the Co-operative Societies Act, and any subsequent enabling legislation
- Preparation of monthly reports to the Board of Directors
- Oversight and management of the overall operations of the loans portfolio, delinquency portfolio, internal and external cash controls, and monitoring and marketing of the Society’s products and services.
- Manage the Security Register, Fixed Assets Register and ensure the maintenance and upgrade of the Society real property assets.
- Represent the Society at external functions and meetings
- Human resource management responsibilities
- Assist the Board of Directors in the formulation, execution, and implementation of policies and procedures for grievance handling and discipline
- Perform semi-annual performance reviews of employees and those conducted by supervisory staff
A combination of experience and academic qualifications on the following is required:
- Bachelor of Science in Business Management or Accounting or equivalent.
- Certification in Marketing
- Minimum of 10 years experience in a financial institution of which at least 5 must be at management level.
- Working knowledge of the Co-operative Societies Act Excellent communication skills
- Must be computer literate
- Knowledge of Emortelle will be an asset
- Knowledge of IFRS 9 will be an asset
- Knowledge of AML/CFT laws and regulations governed by Trinidad and Tobago
- Masters in Business Administrations will be an asset
All Applications to be addressed and sent to:
The Vacancy-General Manger
60 Fifth Street, Barataria
P.O. Box 1089 or email@example.com
The deadline date for submission of applications is Tuesday 12th January 2021