TRANSCORP CREDIT UNION
CO-OPERATIVE SOCIETY LIMITED
VACANCY – LOANS AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
The Loans and Business Development Officer is responsible for building and maintaining relationships with new and existing members, as well as identifying new prospective individuals for membership and establishing partnerships with companies. Also, an employee in this category is required to initiate and facilitate the Society’s loan portfolio, analyze the line of credit granted to members’ and oversee the branch operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analytical Overview of the branch monthly deliverable.
- Conduct loan interviews and counseling sessions with members regarding their financial affairs and options, as part of the relationship-building process.
- Ensure that all loan applications and documents are completed accurately and properly in accordance with the Society’s policies.
- Develop business and marketing plans to achieve sales targets in coordination with the Operations Supervisor.
- Respond to member queries and complaints in a timely and efficient manner.
- Research the market for developing new loan products and services to drive membership and revenue growth.
- Liaising with members on all resignations, liquidations, and share withdrawals to collect information before submission to the Manager.
- Actively manage accounts to minimize loan delinquency.
- Maintaining and reporting on Branch Treasury management to Manager, Credit, Operations, and Marketing.
- Vetting all data reports for all daily accounting transactions entered on the Emortelle Systems by Cashier, to ensure the accuracy of all daily transactions e.g. Cash Receipts, Cash Payments, Cheque Payments, and Journals for the Credit Union operations as pertains to members’ transactions.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Banking, Finance, Marketing, or a related field.
- At least 3 years’ experience in Business Development, Credit underwriting in the related field, Bank retail operations, or Credit Union operations.
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills.
- Excellent relationship-building and marketing skills.
- Knowledge of Financial Analysis and risk assessment tools.
- Critical thinking with proven problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines with excellent time-management skills.
- Be proficient in advanced Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of financial service industry best practices.
- Knowledge of Credit Union operations, IFRS 9, and AML Compliance will be an asset.
All Applications to be addressed and sent to:
Vacancy – General Manager
P.O. Box 1089 or email to email@example.com
Deadline Date of Submission of Applications: Tuesday 12th January 2021