Its that time of the year when our Education Committee awards its Education Grant to qualified members of the Credit Union. The following are the guidelines for the awarding of the grants:
- Applications open on Monday 5th October 2020 and close on Friday 23rd October 2020 for the Tertiary Level and the 14th October for the SEA Level.. Unsuitable or incomplete applications would not be acknowledged of considered:
- Forms are available online at using the following links: SEA Application Form: http://bit.ly/TCUSEA2020 & Tertiary Application form: http://bit.ly/TCUHLE2020. Forms can be filled online and scanned copies of original documents can be submitted along with respective application forms.
- Forms can also be collected at any Credit Union Office.
- Required documents: SEA Scholarship: Results Slip, Student’s Birth Certificate, Evidence of Guardianship (where applicable). The Applicant must also be an active member of the Credit Union for a minimum of one year with a consistent pattern of savings. Applicants for the grant would be chosen based on merit. Scholarship recipients must submit their student assessment form at the end of each academic year (provided by Transcorp) and must maintain a B+ average in their academic pursuits. The assessment measures academic achievement, conduct and deportment, and adherence to school rules.
- Required Documents for HLE Grant (Tertiary Level): Proof of Acceptance by Accredited Institution, copies of examination results from CSEC/CAPE Examinations, Copy of National ID, Driver’s Permit or Passport. Additionally, applicants should be intending to return to the Credit Union for one vacation period (amounting to ten (10) to twelve (12) weeks). Applicants for the Grant would be based on financial need and should be a standing member of the Credit Union for a minimum of three (3) years. Grant recipients will be expected to write an annual report about their academic and social activities and achievements at the University, and a copy of the unofficial transcript must also be submitted at the end of the academic year. All students are expected to maintain a B+ average in order to continue their receipt of the grant.
Should you require further information, please contact our Help Desk at 675-3053 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
SEA Level Grant. Click here
HLE Level Grant ( Tertiary Level). Click here
Transcorp Credit Union
5th October 2020